Monday, May 30, 2005

A long ways...

A long ways...

So, if you look closely in the upper right hand corner of this
picture, you will see a small sea buoys. I thought it would only take
30 minutes to get there. Little did I know the buoy was actually about
16 feet tall and so it looks a little closer than it really is. After
about 1 hour of paddling I finally arrived. I think I was about 1
mile off shore at least. The waves were a bit bigger out there, and
yes mother, I always wear my lifejacket:) It was quiet out there, and
I joked with the girls that I could see the North Carolina border. I
was glad that I took a compass reading so that I knew which part of the
beach to head back to. It was fun, but I was a little tired, and due to
the fact that our walkie talkies went out of range, my wife tells me I
will not be doing it again any time soon...

3 Comments:

At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dean, I won't scold you like I'm sure my daughter already has and probably your mother, but a mile.....Really liked the picture of the three girls and their strawberry buckets as well as Rabekah and Moriah and the big wave. Praying that everyone can truly enjoy their time in Raleigh this weekend and the following days with your grandparents. I love you. Cheryl

 
At 2:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post brings back bad memories of us shark fishing in Florida and swimming out to drop off the bait at dusk.

 
At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I would say that it may have been a bit far. And though I think it may be close to shark fishing in florida (another story for another day), I was wearing a lifejacket... Dean

 

Post a Comment

<< Home