Friday, December 19, 2008

Deitrich Bonhoeffer

I have been reading "The cost of Discipleship" by Deitrich Bonhoeffer. It has really been challenging me on how I think and behave. Now if I can only change :) only by grace...

Here are some of my favorite quotes so far. They center on a life free of expectations, worry or being treated justly.

"There is only one way of following Jesus and worshipping God, and that is to be reconciled with our brother or sister".

Anger and self justice has no place in our relationship with the Lord. We cannot say " I deserve" or "it is owed to me". How can we when our Lord gave up it all. He seems too often that those irritations and injustices are really our Lord at work to see if we truly are dependent on Him.

Lord, teach me to not view others and their behavior as a wrong against me, but an opportunity to extend your grace and share your love. Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home