Saturday, July 16, 2005

With the whales

So I was out on the beach this morning and I noticed a whale swimming within 100yrds of the shore. It was feeding and jumping out of the water surrounded by dolphins. I ran home and got my kayak and came back and was able to get within about 15-30 ft of the wale. It was neat. The dolphins looked so small compared to the whale. You cannot see the whale in the picture, but it is lurking somewhere underneath me....

7 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome photo! What an experience. Cheryl

 
At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do whales eat kayakers for snacks? Just wondering..... love, Mom (Diana)

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Dean said...

yes, they do eat kayaks. But only red ones.

 
At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you just have to live on the edge, don't you?
If I were Chris, I would have grounded the kayak for a week. :)

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Dean said...

Just trying to be like Jonah..... Dean. EAT ME MR WHALE!

 
At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angel Beaver here. I noticed you were harassing the animal kingdom again. Its bad enough for you to put a hook in the mouth of an unsuspecting trout, but now you've set your sights on bigger quarry. Keep edging out into deeper water my friend. You'll soon find you are not the biggest boy on the food chain.

Love,

Angel Beaver

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Quiet & Quirky said...

Well Joel, the reason God's creatures do not hurt me is that they know that I do not have a stick of dynamite in my kayak for them..... I heard the whale telling me that he was hoping you would come out in the ocean for a while to play

 

Post a Comment

<< Home