Sunday, October 22, 2006

Camping wih the Kidos



So on a whim last weekend, I took Rabekah and Moriah backpacking at the Back Bay wildlife refuge. I packed up my backpack and we all jumped on our bikes and made the 4 mile trip to the campsite. The girls did really well, Moriah's chain came off a few times, but it was a pretty ride. The weather got a bit cool (about 37), but we all had warm sleeping bags and warm clothes. The girls had a great time exploring and seeing the sunrise from their tent. So, good news, I think I have them hooked. We will need a few more practice trips though before we head to Everest.(just kidding Mom) Enjoy the photos. The one at night is when we played marbles by Lantern. P.S. My Espresso Machine is back again. Happy Day...

6 Comments:

At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK Dean, one important question...did you get any sleep on the one-night camping adventure? What great memories! Love, Cheryl

 
At 5:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I was surprised. Rabekah woke up once, but for the most part we slept through the night. Yes, we had some great memories. Dean.

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I don't see any S'Mores...were there S'mores?

Looks like a LOT of fun, I can see why they could get hooked.

 
At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melted Chocolate and Daddy's Sierra Designs tent do not mix..... :) We did eat a whole giant hershey bar (unmelted of course)

 
At 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are we gonna get to see a picture of the happy, healed espresso maker? Just wondering, Mom

 
At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lily and I: A Web Log

Friday, October 27, 2006: Coyotes

Sorry for the delay. It has been awhile since Dean has posted.

[Picture of Little Lee with a pack of coyotes.]

Here in Connecticut it seems that packs of coyotes come south or go north (I am not sure which) along the rail lines every couple of years and cause a fair amount of havoc, knocking down trash cans, eating pet cats and wild rabbits, and so forth. There was even one that attacked a McDonald’s employee outside the restaurant at night.

As you can see, Little Lee is holding her own as this fairly large group of coyotes runs by our house. They did not seem to be too interested in her (thank goodness). Maybe it is because she neither looks like a rabbit nor smells like fries. Needless to say, we were happy to have her back inside before she started beeping like the Road Runner, which she had apparently learned how to do without our knowledge (or help). As Elliot aptly put it: “That was close.”

 

Post a Comment

<< Home