Sunday, November 12, 2006

Mountain Time






So we spent the past week in Boone for a family vacation. Friends of ours, Ted and Judy, let us stay at their cabin. We had a total blast. The weather was great, we went on creek hikes, I went fly-fishing almost every morning on the stream by their place. We had some great meals and just a great family time together with no TV, no real internet (other than my blackberry), and just a nice cabin and a nice fire. It was a ton of fun and very very relaxing. We are very grateful for the chance to get away to such a great place. Below are a few pictures of girls, my week long beard (you have to look close) and some of the trout that I caught. I hope you enjoy the photos.

6 Comments:

At 7:56 PM, Blogger Michael Roten said...

I'm glad you said to look closely!

 
At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks, but the trout were small.........:)

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I didnt' think it was possible, but 22-year-old Eric Staal's playoff beard was more substantial than yours. Still, a nice out-doorsy look there. :)

P.S. Saw Eric at Target last week....I just stalked him in between isles. :)

 
At 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Sister, I am on the phone with Target security now... I would stay away if I were you...

 
At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never knew people took pictures of their bait. In fact, I didn't know you used live bait when fly-fishing.

Joel Mc

 
At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How many of those MINNOWS wouldit take to make a hind quarter of a small (spike) ELK????????????????. Not even a LARGE BULL like your GRANDPA shoots.???????????????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home