Camping with the kids


So we went off to the eastern shore of Virginia for a family camping trip. Chris and one of her friends convinced me that it was "ok" to go car camping. As much as it pains me to pull up with a car and unpack right there at the camp site, it was convenient. I tend to lean towards the slightly edgy, sometimes dangerous form of camping. I would prefer fighting through a sandstorm to set up base camp 5-10 miles from the nearest form of civilization. Fighting through the weather and then announcing to the kiddos "WE MADE IT!!" Sadly, such dreams tend not to play out into reality in a household of all girls....But, we had a great time and the kids really enjoyed it. Here are a few pictures. And keep checking back since I have a remote barrier island that I plan on visiting minus the kiddies..

3 Comments:
Looks nice. I'm ready for a camping trip myself.
Micah
You are such a camping snob! Up until abou five years ago, "roughing it" for me meant getting stuck with the wall side of the foldout bed in my grandparents' rv. You would have loved the night of our Botswana trip where the team camped in the bush, at a "campsite" complete with an outdoor shower and the distinct possibility of visits from angry rhinos. I would tell you how it was, but I upgraded to the chalet. :)
Great pictures, Dean! And yes - it's true - "camping" for me would be anywhere there is no McDonald's or no Wal-Mart. Poor Terry. Glad he has you guys for company now and then!
Post a Comment
<< Home