Cold Ocean
So, right now the ocean is about 48 degrees. Normally, that is cold enough to keep me out, but this past sunday the waves were REALLY big. So on goes the wet suit and the booties and the helmet (I am on a surf kayak) and of course the life jacket. On the way out, I fell off, but made it out with some work. I caught a few waves with some great rides, but had to paddle to stay warm. Then came the big waves, I was like "whoa, that is a big wave". So..... I Paddled and caught it....for a moment. Then I got flipped. And then I got hit by wave after wave by the brother and sister of the big wave. By this point my head was throbbing from being in the cold water for so long. Enough for me. Time to go in and head for home. Enough of the cold ocean for a while. Cannot wait till summer.

3 Comments:
SO, did yu post this on your way to work, or did you get St.Patrick's Day off?? Grandpa T
Dean - I'm glad you taught me how to ride those things in September and not in March. At this point I'm much more likely to do it again. If March was my only experience, I think I would consider it an endeavor worthy of lunatics and the otherwise mad. Way to go big, Dean.
Tim
Thanks Tim, waves are big again today, but just too warm inside the house.... waiting for summer. By the way, you did a great job this summer on the kayak. Dean.
Post a Comment
<< Home