A little work


So I know this is not supposed to be a hockey blog, but my goalie catching glove was getting a little old. I had the original glove for over a year and it was on its last leg. The problem is that goalie equipment is expensive. A new glove for ice would cost about $200-$500. So off to play it again sports where I found a used glove that had lots of life in it but was in need of some repairs. I bought it for $30 and for the past two weekends I spent about 10 hours repairing it. I replaced the webbing, used my leather tool to repair a rip and then put new ribbing on the outside edges. It looks really great and since it a professional model, it should last for several years. I also did the same for a blocker I bought used. So after the work I did on both of them my $80 investment would likely sell for $200-$300 on eBay. But these puppies are going to stay firmly attached to my paws and hopefully be sources of frustration for offensive players...

4 Comments:
Nice try cheater....don't you realize that those "oversized" gloves and blockers are illegal now? Just like a goalie to make it easier on themselves while the real talent i.e. real skaters work hard to score while you are in your blue crease eating potato chips with illegal equipment.
Kevin
I am sorry Kevin, i do not play agains people with real talent, so I am exempt from the new NHL rules.... Do you have any dip for my chips? i like Ranch.....
Dean.
They look much better than when I saw them a few weeks ago, good job on the webbing.
Dad
They look much better than when I saw them a few weeks ago, good job on the webbing.
Dad
Post a Comment
<< Home