Thursday, October 27, 2005

What is a "Montoge"

So, my brother (you know the one who has a Masters and Phd in English) Asked me the other day what a "Montoge" was. Needless to say I was sad to know that all the money and time was going to waste on his education. All those years of study, and he needed his "uneducated" older brother to spell things out. Of course, I jumped at the chance. I explained the meaning of montoge and how it was based on a french word. My dear brother Micah, then proceded to tell me that he knows what MontAge means, he just did not know what MontOge means.... I had spelled it wrong.. So, not to be caught with my hand in the cookie jar and admit defeat. In true Mattix fasion I recovered quickly. I explained that my spelling was part of my "French Boycott" in which I try to avoid french spelling and french fries (except on days that end in Y) and french wines (unless they are a red or a white). Micah, sensing my attempt at a quick recovery, responded graciously and gave me .33 points. So now, the score stands Micah 2, Dean 1.33. I dont plan on being behind for long...

14 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually think that your quick comeback was worth a full point. So it is 2-2. Whether you can actually go into the lead for more than a fleeting moment remains to be seen. But, my money says no.

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

What a life you two lead. You seriously have time to keep a "Wit" score? Seriously?
If you ask me, though, you each do have a score of 2.
(On the IQ scale)
laughing.....so.......hard.......can.......barely......type....

 
At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah, I just wanted to point out that with your little IQ comment you have lowered yourself to our level...and are now in last place: Sarah 1, Dean 2, Micah 3.

 
At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crickets. Micah, 4, Dean 2, Sarah 1.

 
At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crickets. Micah 5, Dean 2, Sarah 1.

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I don't understand Micah's Cricket comment, but don't want to say anything, for fear of losing my 1 point.

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger Dean said...

Micah, you should really stop playing with bugs. Killing Crickets does not give you points. I on the other hand continue to supply you with the software that you keep on erasing from your computer.. Point Dean. Cha Ching...Dean 3 Micah 3 Sarah 2 (she gets a point for being at a great hockey game last night)

 
At 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crickets=silence=Dean and Sarah can't think of anything to say (or are watching hockey)=default point for Micah. Thanks for the software.

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Quiet & Quirky said...

Ahh, once again Micah's mastery of the English language comes through... Anytime you have to post a follow up comment to explain your previous comment, you are skating on thin ice...

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Quiet & Quirky said...

Actually I did the previous comment, not Chris, I forgot to log in as me. Dean.

 
At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I missing something? What are "crickets".

I tried to raise them to not compete and keep score, but "crickets"????

Put my score at a -2, as I am not sure there is any real meaningful significance to the "plus" side of "crickets"

blisfully ignorant,
dad

 
At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll say it again, as I did so often throughout my motherhood career: "BOYS! Knock it off! If you want to play like that go outside!" (Terry, you too!) Signed, your loving sainted mother.
(Sarah, you darling child, come back in the house before you get hurt) :)

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I hate to keep bringing it up, but
Having Curlyhaired grandchild = favorite daughter ever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home