Saturday, August 04, 2007

Day 3 and the eve of a big adventure for us.

So, Chris had a good day today. She had to wade in knee deep mud to get to where they were working today. She spent a long tome talking with a lady in a field and then as she walked away, she realized that she will likely never see her again. They both talking and sharing, but they live worlds apart. She sounds in good spirits.

The three girls and I leave tomorrow for a backpacking trip in the wilderness area of the backbay. We have about a 5 mile ride in and so it should be an adventure. It is just remote with no cars or houses for miles on each side and the atlantic ocean in front of you. So we packed up tonight and the caravan will leave around 10am. They are all excited and I have taken an extra dosage of my patience pill:) I figure, hey, worst case, it all goes south and I slap the chemical night sticks I bought for each of them on and we walk back in the dark. I would just have to keep turning around and making sure I see 3 moving glow sticks..I will keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home