Just one thing
So one of the main reasons I like to play hockey is that it is singular in focus. My job as a goalie is really very simple: keep the puck out of the goal. When the game starts, all that I do revolves around that one focus. "Am I too deep for the angle of his shot," "is my glove positioned high enough," "am I compact and upright when I go down in a butterfly?" All with one goal in mind: stopping the puck, that is really all that matters, everything else fades away. Life outside the rink is often a little more cloudy. But for some reason, that time there helps me to see things in the real world more clearly. Suddenly what is really important becomes very obvious: the Lord, my family, serving them. Now if I could just keep that stupid puck out of the net.......

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home