Thursday, December 01, 2005

On the IR

So, word began to spread late on Wed around the league that one of the players had been injured. And sure enough, I knew something was up when I got a call from Kevin's agent (his wife). Shortly later I received a call from Kevin, my brother in law that he had broke his shoulder in a heated game. As he was moving around a defender in a feat of pure skill, he blew a tire (lost an skate edge) and flew into the boards. Fortunately the team doctor was on hand (his name is Steve and he plays on the team and his wife is a nurse) and they were able to care for Kevin. So, bottom line, Kevin is out for the rest of the season on injured reserve (IR). And, to honor Kevin's loss, I am going to wear a black "K" on my leg tape at my next game. Get well soon Short Stack, we will keep the goal light on for you. (Unless I am in goal).....

2 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

He's taking his 'vacation' fairly well. However, all the research I read points to a 2 week starter recovery, and he assures me it will be at least another 3 months before he has use of his left hand again to change Cole's diapers....

 
At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i m ob iou ly hur . I an only u h ig i of th kybo . th oh i i o p inful i h ur m. (I am obviously hurt. I can only use the right side of the keyboard. The other side is too painful with a fractured arm....My secretary is translating)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home