Cruise Missle Time..
So, Rabekah and I decided to go on an kayak ride in the ocean. The water is still a bit chilly, but I put my full wetsuit on and threw my shorty on Rabekah. The water was pretty flat and I figured that we would be fine. So we headed out. We went about 3/4 of mile to a mile out and were just paddling around when I looked out of the corner of my eye and noticed this "plane" flying low and very fast. As I looked closer, it was letting off puffs of smoke in short bursts. What was odd though is that the puffs were not moving it forward much faster (like they do for the F18's when they turn on their afterburners). As it go closer (not quite over head, but pretty close) I realized... "hey...that looks like a cruise missle...." And as I looked closer, it was. Short little wings and high whine. And the puffs of smoker were when it adjusted its course. It went down about another 2 miles and then it dove towards the ocean A parachute opend up and it floated into the ocean. Shortly aftwards, a helecopter from the Navy Base flew out to where it went down before I could get there :) Pretty neat, not every day do I get to see a cruise missle fly by...

2 Comments:
Pretty neat indeed, Dean. Hope that Rabekah remembers it when she's an adult and can tell her own children about the time "daddy and I saw...." Love, Cheryl
thanks, I hope she does too. Although, I am not hopefull. We had a long discussion on what a "cruise missle" and finally we settled on the best explanation she could understand: "It is like a really big bullet."
Post a Comment
<< Home