59
Well I am still playing hockey. Usually on monday nights on a team and then pickup once or twice a week. Sadly, although my team is a great bunch of guys this season, to be honest, we have terrible defense. Terrible defense. So most of my games I pretty much get plastered with shots. And last night was no different, with 59 recorded shots coming my way (and probably a few more than that, when so many are being shot, it is easy to lose track). Yep 59 shots, that works out to a little more than 1 a minute in three periods. I had an 80 percent save average, so that is not too bad. But needless to say we lost. Most NHL games average from 25-40 shots a game, so my team was a bit worse.... Oh well. I am very thankful to have the ability to play. I will tell you this, at the second period break I said to the guys on the bench "Hey how about we all play defense and then just ice the puck over and over again?" I was not really kidding, but my idea did not catch on....

2 Comments:
Maybe 59 Should be your jersey number...has a nice ring to it.
thanks....I was thinking of "0" for shut out, but that has not happened in a while....
Post a Comment
<< Home